307 Real Estate Blog: Navigating the Buying Process
Posted by | 307 Real Estate
Buying a house or property takes a lot more than writing a check and signing on the dotted line. While the purchasing process may seem complicated and overwhelming, the real estate professionals at 307 Real Estate can help you navigate these steps easily so that you find the right property and get the best deal possible.
Below is how we break down the buying process in order to help you find your dream real estate property in Wyoming. Each step in the process is important, and each of our agents can help you step-by-step to eliminate any confusion and stress.
- Get pre-qualified for a loan: First, talk to a bank or financial institution to see what loan you can qualify for, what loans are available and get a pre-qualification letter. Having this squared away will help speed up the process when you find your dream property and strengthen any offers you make.
- Determine your needs: Once you have your pre-qualification letter from your bank, determine your needs in your Wyoming real estate property. What items are must-haves? What items are deal killers? Examples of these needs might be the number of bedrooms or bathrooms, being close to town and local schools, having a big or small yard and more. Having these things in mind before you start looking will streamline the buying process.
- Start the property search: Now it is time to look at properties in areas that fit your needs. Each 307 agent is incredibly knowledgeable in the Wyoming real estate market and has extensive experience to connect you with properties that fit what you are looking for. Remember, your agent works for you and wants to make sure you end up in the home that is perfect for you and your family.
- Make an offer: After you have found your dream property, your agent will guide you to make an educated offer and get your dream home under contract. This process could take a little back and forth between you and the seller and the seller’s agent, but we always have your best interests in mind when negotiating for the best deal.
- Secure your financing: Next it is time to secure your financing. This is where the first step in this process is so important. Having the pre-qualification letter typically makes this step go much more smoothly and quickly.
- Order the title commitment: It is then time to order the title commitment. The title commitment ensures that you will have an insured policy for your property. This policy details any stipulations and exclusions that could be on the property. The 307 agents will go over this with you to make sure that you have a clear understanding of the policy.
- Get your property inspected: Now it is time to do all of the remaining due diligence. Your agent can provide you will a list of trusted and reliable home inspectors that can perform your home inspection. Once the home inspection has been completed, you and your agent will work with the seller to remove any remaining conditions or waivers and mutually agree to any releases.
- Find homeowners insurance and switch over utilities: Before closing on your new home, you must obtain home insurance and switch over any utilities to your name. Each of our agents can connect you with different local insurance brokers who can provide you with quotes depending on your needs and wants. Additionally, we can help you navigate any issues that may arise when dealing with local utility companies. Typical utilities that you may need to think about are gas, electric, water, cable or internet. Since each town is different in terms of how these services are provides, our agents will ensure you know where to go for what.
9.Close and move in: You made it! The final step of the process is to close on (which usually involves an in-person meeting) and move into your new dream home. Our real estate agents have been known to help out even with this last step – we can help you unload the moving van, snap a photo of you and your family in front of your new home, or just celebrate with you in finishing this major life milestone. We don’t rest until you are happily moved in and settled at your new spot!
If we have left you with any questions or if you are looking to get started in the Wyoming real estate process, give us a call at 307.587.4959 so we can connect you with one of our talented real estate professionals.